Design interactive wireframe mockups for a task management system that allows users to create and manage personal to-do lists for academic and general life. Assume that the target user is a college student, and that the design goal is to create a system that makes the experience more fun, meaningful, or any combination of these goals.
My concept provides a multi-functional task manager that allows users to create lists and add/track to-do items. Some of the features that my concept include: calendar view, today/week/all filter, priority and due date prioritization, and swipe right functionality to simulate the satisfaction from paper/pen task management.
Before creating a skeleton and interactive wireframe for my concept, I systematically approached the design problem by conducting analysis, content inventory, persona creation, information architecture, and exploring layout template. My process is shown in the following sketches:
I gathered the following feedback from peer critiques:
WHAT WORKED WELL
OVERALL EFFECTIVENESS OF THE DESIGN
I received feedback that my concept met the end goal of helping users create and manage tasks, however my peers also indicated that my concept could be further developed because it's very basic right now. My peers mentioned that I have great ideas to include, but need to actually incorporate them into the design of the system. I would like to further explore the calendar and archive feature to advance my concept.
This project presented a good opportunity to learn a new prototyping tool. There were some tools that I wanted to learn such as Framer, Sketch, and Adobe XD; however, due to technical issues (I have a Windows 8.1 PC), my options were limited. After exploring Marvel, Balsamiq Proto.io, and Invision, I ultimately chose Proto.io because of it's similarity to Sketch and its large suite of interactions.
However, as I was using Proto.io, I ran into several problems. I did not know how to enact certain interactions such as pop-up menus and scrollable carousels. These problems created frustration and required me to spend countless hours researching, watching tutorial videos, and experimenting until I figured out how to produce the interactions that I wanted.