Consolidate and prioritize feedback from A7 (wireframe prototype) to create a working interactive prototype (medium to high fidelity) of the same design.
For A7, I'd chose to create a task-management system that allows college users to create and manage personal to-do lists for academic and general life. The features that I created in A7 still existed in A8, however, in A8, I also added more features such as a calendar view and option for users to prioritize their tasks. In general, the app's purpose and functionality remain the same.
The guerrilla usability testing session from A7 was useful in helping me identify improvement areas that would make my design more functional. Informed by the feedback received from peers in A7, the changes that I implemented in A8 include:
Keep in mind that the the interactivity of the prototypes are lost in the below screenshots. As a result, the pop-up menus aren't displayed. To fully experience the prototype, please visit the following links:
Most of the feedback that I received from peers was implemented in my higher-fidelity prototype. The below sitemap summarizes the final features and how they're each connected. As a part of the improvement process, I also sketched how the homepage and add task page would look like in the high-fidelity version since those were the pages that underwent the most drastic changes. One of the major changes to the homepage is that instead of a list-like view, I made it into a dashboard.
In general, my interactive prototypes were received very well by all 3 of my participants. In conducting the usability tests, I asked each participant to complete the following tasks:
1) Add a new task and set a reminder for that task
2) Find out what the top 3 tasks you have to complete this week are in order of due date priority
3) Go to your "personal" task list and mark that you have finished laundry for today
All participants were able to successfully complete the tasks with no questions or assistance. Based on this, I conclude that my design was effective. After each usability test session, I asked each participant about their overall experience including what did and didn't work well. A summary of their feedback is displayed below:
WHAT WORKED WELL